Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Family Holiday in Columbia

The title of this post is not to insinuate that my family was with me in Columbia, but rather that I was visiting my 'second family', los Herrera. Their daughter lived with our family for a year during my senior year of high school. It was wonderful to be able to visit with them 5 years on and have a chance to switch roles a bit. They had a list of all the Columbian foods, locations, and traditions that they wanted me to experience. We tackled those we could handle in the week that I was there, but hopefully I'll have a chance to get back and spend some more time with them.
My Columbian sister and me overlooking the 'Valle' region.
Ripening cherries at the coffee themepark, which my hosts agreed was like "Disney on caffeine"
Hot-springs Columbian style. There are actually two waterfalls, one cold and one naturally hot. They create a temperature gradient within the pool, so you can always find the perfect temperature!
The delightful residents of the local park. These two seemed perfectly content to share their tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment